Friday 10 October 2014

Spicy Guacamole and A Delicious Healthy Dinner

So all that I am occupied with these days is to eat healthy and loose a few inches before the Diwali party. While I can go on a GM diet, I still have to cook for my family and that is where comes in the cravings. So instead of going on a strict diet altogether, I decided to eat healthy and conscious food and avoid unnecessary calories as far as possible. Breakfast is now a bowl of cereals and a cup of honey lemon tea, mid morning I try not to eat anything or maybe some yogurt or juice to keep myself going. Lunch is 2 chapatis with some curry/daal and veg/non veg, evening tea with honey lemon and some Marie Biscuits (this is where I go wrong by grabbing 3-4 biscuits at one go), and dinner again something light as this recipe today. I have also included a second round of exercise in the evening for 1/2-1 hour apart from the morning 1.5 hour session. 
I am hoping this regime helps me get back to where I was at least, if not more. 

Ingredients
3 ripe avocados
1 tbsp garlic chopped
3 green/red chillies
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 medium onion
2 sprigs coriander leaves
A handful of peanuts (optional)
Salt to taste

Direction
Cut the avocados into half and scoop away the flesh and add it to the blender. Discard the seed. Choosing the right avocado is very important. Always pick the avocados which are purplish in color and are soft when gently pressed. 
Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and whip a smooth paste. Transfer to an air tight jar and refrigerate until used. 
I used this dip as a spread for my corn thins (you can use bread or anything of your choice) and topped it with some papaya and cabbage salad in a honey and lemon dressing and sprinkled with some chaat masala. It was a wonderfully refreshing meal and healthy too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment