Monday 22 September 2014

Herbed Cucumber and Orange Juice--Cool and Healthy

Well, I thought my Eggless Orange and Cranberry Cake would be the last post on my blog before embarking on my India trip but after experimenting with this insanely simple mocktail, I could not stop myself from sharing it with my blog friends. It is cool, it is refreshing, and it is super healthy. It can be considered as a cross between a dessert and a salad and perfectly manages to quench your sweet cravings after any meal. 

Ingredients
1 big cucumber
3/4 cup fresh/canned orange juice (I used no sugar canned juice and added a little less than 1 cup as per my taste)
1 tsp honey (or as per your taste)
1 tsp dried oregano
You can add crushed mint leaves for added flavor (I did not have at hand)
A pinch of salt

Direction
Wash and cut the ends of the cucumber and scrub the open edges with them. Peel and cut the cucumber horizontally and remove the seeds. Cut the cucumber into smaller chunks and put them in a food processor or juicer. Add the orange juice and all other ingredients and pulse till smooth. You can seive the juice if you wish or directly pour it into glasses. Seiving might result in missing out on the fibrous nutrition of the juice. Cover and chill in the refrigerator till serving time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment